TECHNET Archives

December 2011

From:
Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:21:56 -0600
The component mix on PCA (stencil thickness), stencil printer (blades
or pump), placement equipment(move the head, move the board),
tackiness of paste (how much is needed to keep parts in place during
process), method of reflow (how part behaves in oven) all effect the
stencil aperture. For OEM's, good stencil libraries are possible if
the company maintains an equipment set. Once CM's are involved, the
set varies widely. Knowing the pads are 1 to 1 with the stencil layer
allows for modification to the assemblers current best practice.