TECHNET Archives

December 2011

From:
Steve Mikell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Mikell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2011 20:14:08 -0500
Dave,

 Iodine is my guess, but I don't know the bonus question's answer.

 By the way, when the boys made their second trip to Tampa, we took the week off, and went to see some Tampa Bay Rays games.

Steve Mikell

 Hi folks - Here is the Friday Element Quiz Question: The Question: The discovery of this element has its beginnings in the New World around 1700. This element was once prescribed as treatment for tuberculosis in doses of 65 mg per day without any ill effects or benefits! When given to rodents, this element is carcinogenic. This element has 6 naturally occurring isotopes. What element is being described? Bonus question: Name the asteroid for which this element is named after