DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 2011

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Byrne, Matthew J (US SSA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:42:55 -0500
We typically specify "minimum finished 1 oz" weight, which is easily obtained starting at 0.5 oz foil plus normal surface plating, like Jack said.  That allows the fabricator to choose the starting foil weight they want - our designs don't usually get into fine lines/spaces.  When going below .5 oz foil then adhesion to the surface laminate can become a concern due to the smaller tooth.  Also, I believe that 1/8 oz foil is a special-order & costs a bit more.

If we need extra copper then we'll specify it & hopefully not need 4 mil lines!

Matt Byrne