TECHNET Archives

October 2011

From:
Grunde Gjertsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Grunde Gjertsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2011 07:10:24 +0000
What he probably means is if the board for some reason get heated up while still in the bag due to unfavourable storage conditions, the other heat source would be exothermic curing but then they shouldn't have been packed in the first place.
All sorts of problems can occur if boards with conformal coating is put in ESD bags before they are fully cured, (Can take a very long time), and outgassing from partially cured coating would be my main concern really.

Cheers
Grunde