TECHNET Archives

October 2011

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:28:56 -0500
Thanks for clarifying that!

I don't know physics (I do board layout), but Werner gave presentations to
MANY board designers using those "double" numbers, warning about the risk of
delamination at the higher lead-free soldering temperatures.
So in my opinion, the correct water vapor pressure is not what interests
most people in the electronics industry. What we really want to know is how
much effort we need to put into making sure we don't have delamination
problems. (which I assume is related to moisture content).

Can someone just blurt out the easy answer I can memorize? (smile)

but thanks Per-Erik, that is good information

Jack

.