TECHNET Archives

September 2011

From:
"Carroll, Thomas A" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Carroll, Thomas A
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2011 21:01:48 -0500
Phil,

Depending upon the size of the solder pot, in the long run, it might be cost effective to change out the solder rather than testing it. I am not sure how much the testing costs but look at the cost of testing versus the cost of material (recycling the solder from the pot and refilling the pot with a new batch of solder).  You would have to establish a baseline for the amount of throughput/usage versus the contamination level in the pot to establish baseline data that would be used to justify how often to change out the solder in the pot. Either way you would have to keep a usage log.

Regards,
Thomas A. Carroll, CQA, CIT, FAA ODA Unit Member
Supplier Quality Engineer
Boeing Defense, Space and Security - East Region Supplier Quality
eFAX: 314-777-1845
Cell: 215-692-2463
Virtual Desk Phone Number: 314-545-2358
email: [log in to unmask]
 Go Green! Please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.
NOTE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete the copy you received. Thank you.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE STATEMENT:
"The information contained herein is or may be controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 CFR 120-130, and may not be exported, or disclosed to a foreign person, whether in the United States or abroad, without prior U.S. Government written approval"