TECHNET Archives

September 2011

From:
Robert Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Robert Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 16:26:36 -0400
Blair is correct you really should be editing Original CAD data if at all possible.
But pending how significant a change gerber data can certainly be edited with a CAM seat
and changes made but you then lose much of the intelligence behind the data
and any electrical connectivity checks etc.
If it's simple enough yes your Fab Vendor might be willing to make the change also.