TECHNET Archives

August 2011

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2011 09:55:01 -0500
Maybe my experience is not typical, but I purchased exactly one PDF with the new copy-protection scheme through my company. Since I didn't pay for the standard myself (someone in purchasing did), every time something goes wrong I can't re-install it myself, I have to get the purchasing person to email them and get a new thing.

I use three or four computers/electronic devices regularly, and at different times I would like to be able to refer to the document I purchased (like in a meeting or something), but of course it can only be installed on ONE. My personal solution is to buy a paper copy of the publication for my office and then install the latest DRAFT copies on ALL my computers for reference.
that's just me... good luck.

the real answer to your question is that I believe it is legitimate and won't cause any problems on your computer.

My advice? If you get it through someone else at your company, make sure you save THEIR contact information with it forever, or as soon as something happens to your computer or you want to switch computers, you will need it.

Jack

.