TECHNET Archives

July 2011

From:
Andrzej Zielinski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2011 16:03:28 +0000
Pete,

Simply evaluate the raw material in line with acceptability standard e.g. 610 and 6012 applicable class. By doing this you will assure the product conditions is acceptable (haloing, solder mask contamination).

The solder mask seem to look ok (from your pictures) but dent in laminate ??

From my experience by giving nonconforming product to ENG to evaluate new design is not the to go as the potential risk involved may have huge impact on the design evaluation, time spend to investigate the fault if identified, etc...

I would be very carefully in taking these boards but this is my opinion.

Regards,
Andy
Sent using BlackBerry®