TECHNET Archives

July 2011

From:
Robert Kondner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2011 21:04:46 -0400
Hi,

Just some ideas:

If the bare boards were tested I assume any missing plating would result in
open vias and test failures. Were they bare board tested?

Take a few boards and heat the heck out of them with a hand iron and SAC305
solder. How long does it take to dissolve out the copper? Is that number
anywhere close to your process time? Perhaps you have some holes with only
electrodes-less copper and the though holes were never plated up correctly.

Bob K.