TECHNET Archives

June 2011

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:10:36 -0500
Thank you Graham.
I have found variability in the measurement.  Often our operators close
down the micrometer until the first click of the clutch.  If the mike is a
little cockeyed, and not perpendicular to the board, there is enough
resistance to pop the clutch, hence an inaccurate reading.

What did you find bad about the rounded end anvils?

Doug Pauls

06/30/2011 10:40 AM

"TechNet E-Mail Forum" <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>
cc

Subject
RE: [TN] Conformal Coating Measurement - rounded anvil mikes

Hi Doug
We tried a Starrett version with rounded end anvils but I was not so
happy with it.  We currently use a Mitutoyo 293-711, it has flat ends,
we rounded the sharp edge so as to avoid damage.  I find the flat anvils
ensure the operator knows they are holding it perpendicular to the PWB.

regards,
 - Graham