TECHNET Archives

June 2011

From:
Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2011 14:05:36 -0400
Jack,

Not knowing your CC, nor your potting compound, I would say this -

The potting compound may adhere to the CC, but I bet the CC won't adhere to
the board nearly as well as the potting would adhere to the bare board.
CC/PWB interface sounds like a weak interface to me - well, so does the
CC/potting ...

On the other hand, the potting compound may not adhere well to the CC.  Not
knowing the form of your assembly, this could also present some real
problems.

I would most likely pot first, then CC [In my mind I picture a high modulus
epoxy-based potting compound and a much much lower modulus CC.  Does not
sound like a happy party].

Steve Creswick
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevencreswick
                         616 834 1883