TECHNET Archives

June 2011

From:
"Juan T. Marugán" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Juan T. Marugán
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:15:50 -0500
Hello all.

There are some cardboard boxes (brown color) with the ESD symbol printed in the outer surface. I suppose the symbol only indicates that there is an ESD product inside, but I’m not sure. Am I right?

Reason of my confusion: I’ve measured the surface resistance in these boxes and is 1x10E10 ohms: Static dissipative?...

My concern is because de presence of these materials in the workshop. Mechanical parts, for example, are packaged in cardboard boxes and it is a hard work to re-package them into conductive boxes (plastic or cardboard) before to use them in the line.

If somebody can give some idea, I’d appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

Juan
Indra Sistemas. Spain.