TECHNET Archives

June 2011

From:
"Bush, Jeffrey D. (US SSA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bush, Jeffrey D. (US SSA)
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:47:44 -0400
As long as the PCB samples represents all design variations in the board and provide the correct number of hole locations you are OK.  So, for example, internal annular ring you need all layers represented in a 3 hole pattern, both in x and y diagonal corners.  In this case if the board location is not serialized, you are not able to adequately complete this test as the PCB could be side by side on the panel, or even rotated x/y negating the 2 axis validation.  There are several test considerations that have similar issues.  One piece of trivia is we have found getting all testing requirements done on a PCB will generally give you a more accurate view into the reliability.

Jeffrey Bush
BAE Systems Incorporated
IS&R - Space Products and Systems
P.O. Box 868, MER24-116A