TECHNET Archives

June 2011

From:
"Richard D. Krug" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Richard D. Krug
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2011 15:06:08 -0400
While I don't have data to support paste manufacturer's recommendations, I've used 3 levels of "shelf life" based on the manufacturer's recommendations.
	Refrigerated un-opened - typically 6 months
	Out of refrigerator - typically 1-2 weeks  - Jar may be open, but paste never foes back into jar
	On stencil - typically 8 hours but may be shortened based on relative humidity (out of the 30-70% range)

Dick Krug, SSBB, CSMTPE
SMT Process Engineer
Sparton Corporation
30167 Power Line Road