TECHNET Archives

June 2011

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2011 20:35:16 +0100
OK - there is a subtle difference between a UV curable and a coating that employs a UV tracer to aid inspection.

The inspection aid is the same as the "blue whitener" used in your laundry to "make white's whiter!" it does degrade with exposure to light - that's why it's regarded as an inspection aid at the time of assembly - not when the war is over!

UV curing lamps will certainly impair reflective performance....read into that what you will!

Graham N