TECHNET Archives

June 2011

From:
Anil kher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Anil kher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2011 16:27:45 +0530
George
I feel if the nickel in some areas is much lower than surrounding ones it
would show that nickel erosion was higher and so the oxidation after 1st
pass would show up as poor joint in wave or 2nd pass.
But as u say 3 is par for course and should not allow cu oxidation. We are
in a gray area. The pads we identified measured much lower - in the region
of 1 to 1.2 Nickel. Gold was I think hgher. Worthwhile studying boards with
black pad issues on the XRF
Anil