TECHNET Archives

May 2011

From:
Phil Bavaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2011 08:23:17 -0700
3M #250 is a paper backed masking tape which has pull test strength
quality rubber adhesive combined with a flatback paper (much more ESD
friendly) backing.  It has solvent resistance and can be processed as
high as 250 F for 30 minutes.

There are other cheaper alternative tapes out there but my experience
was that this tape always took its adhesive with it when demasking.  It
qualifies to several formal standards related to pull test adhesion.

Depending on your application, a balanced ESD ionizer is a good addition
to the masking/demasking station if you are dealing with ESD sensitive
assemblies.