TECHNET Archives

April 2011

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2011 07:58:48 -0500
To the best of my knowledge, no where in IPC specifications is the use of
deionized water "required" for cleaning processes.  I would agree that the
use of DI water would be considered an industry best manufacturing
practice.  We require its use in all our cleaning processes here.

Note that the IPC-A-62A is an older document.  All of the cleaning
handbooks are being pulled together in the forthcoming CH-65 cleaning
handbook, which should be issued in the next few months.  But I don't
believe that document ever states DI water use as a "requirement", but one
that is strongly recommended.

Doug Pauls

David Bealer <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
04/25/2011 07:17 AM
Please respond to
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to
David Bealer <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: [TN] Aqueous Wash, DI water and IPC Specifications.

Being that IPC-AC-62A is a handbook and that both sections you reference
do not use the words "shall" or "must"; I would say that using DI rinse
water is not a requirement, but best practice.