TECHNET Archives

April 2011

From:
Amol Kane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Amol Kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2011 09:09:42 -0400
With a 6 mil and no reduction, you end up with area ratio of 0.69, which is very close to the critical value of 0.66. I am assuming you will need to do a reduction on the aperture size which put you under 0.66. you will lose paste release repeatability below 0.66. You could go with a 5 mil step on that part, or even 4 mils if the paste volume is sufficient for soldering. Assuming a 2 mil reduction, your area ratio would be 0.7 with 5 mils (0.87 with 4 mils), which is still above the 0.66 threshold for laser cut stainless. Also ask if the stencil house can use a Ni based alloy or newer finer grain steel which gives smoother aperture walls as compared to standard stainless, thereby improving release.

Amol Kane | Process Engineer
Catalyst Manufacturing Services, Inc.
941 Route 38, Owego NY 13827