TECHNET Archives

March 2011

From:
Ioan Tempea <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ioan Tempea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:12:55 -0500
Phil,

I have only assembled them once, in a previous life, and I can tell you one thing: you have to make sure all the assembly chain (starting with Incoming and ending with Packing) be advised about what these components are.

I have learned this when getting a call from the Stores telling me those new components had a problem, the pins being too soft. Besides the fact they were coming from the customer and they had been removed from the original trays only to be shipped in a square box, it turned out (after calling Intel) that if the columns are bent more than 10 degrees, they end up with plastic deformations, which affects long term reliability. So we had to scrap a few parts costing $900 each...

They solder well, if solder volume is per manufacturer's specification, but the placement machine vision systems will have a problem with the white ceramic body. If you can, specify dark body.

Good luck,

Ioan Tempea, ing.
Ingénieur Principal de Fabrication / Senior Manufacturing Engineer
T | 450.967.7100 ext.244
E | [log in to unmask]
W | www.digico.cc

N'imprimer que si nécessaire - Print only if you must