TECHNET Archives

March 2011

From:
Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2011 23:30:23 +0100
What have I put my head into! What a jungle, all this stuff about antennas.
I will read and think and decide what to build. A 140' longwire is possible,
but there are so many noisy sources around that I may consider a loop
instead. Or build a phase-out box as was described.

I took my littlel Sony 10 band pocket receiver and walked around to see what
local noise sources could be. Found something I did never know. Tremendous
noise from all stand-by equipments with remote controls. Worst of all was my
new Blue Ray DVD. When I switched it ON, the noise disappeared. Same with my
audio amplifiers and flatscreen TVs. I will check why this is so.

Other noisy things were all switched ACDC supplies. So, my house is full of
noise makers. Not a ideal start for DXing at my low budget level.

Inge