TECHNET Archives

February 2011

From:
Werner Engelmaier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Werner Engelmaier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2011 16:24:13 -0500
Hi Inge,
You give me precious little to go on, BUT...
Partially filled barrels certainly have a stress-concentration at the fill/no-fill level.  HOWEVER, most operating environments are benign enough that this is not an issue.  -55/+125 is NOT an operating environment, but a misguided test environment, and YES for this environment the stress riser presents a definitive risk for the z-axis deferential thermal expansion.
BTW, who is 'The Eagle'?
Werner