TECHNET Archives

February 2011

From:
Eric Christison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Eric Christison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:03:02 +0000
/Unfortunately, Molex does not specify MSLs for our products./

.....and unfortunately we won't buy any any of your connectors then....

Logically they must at least know what the shelf life of the connectors is once they are removed from their packaging even if they don't comply with an MSL level.

I just had a search on Google for "Molex" and "MSL" and came up with the following data sheet: http://www.molex.com/pdm_docs/ps/PS-87831-027.pdf

If you look at the last page it does give you handling and storage requirements. Not very good ones, I don't see why that sort of device can't meet MSL3. Anyway, they must be able to give you the same sort of advice for the connector you're interested in.

Good luck!

--
Eric Christison
Consumer&  Micro group

STMicroelectronics (R&D) Ltd
33 Pinkhill
Edinburgh EH12 7BF
United Kingdom

Tel:	+44 (0)131 336 6165
Fax:	+ 44 (0)131 336 6001

The contents of the email are ST confidential.