TECHNET Archives

February 2011

From:
Ahne Oosterhof <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:55:17 -0800
My guess is that you have a standard airline you are using for comparative
measurements. Its impedance has to be very accurate if you want to certify a
manufactured item to be within a 2% impedance spec. That makes verification
of your standard difficult (read: expensive).

http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/85054-90050.pdf

You either pay an "enormous" amount of money to have it done or buy
equipment for "humongous amounts" (relative) of money to do it yourself.

In the very distance past I would send a fast rise time pulse down the line
past a known impedance airline and look at the level of the reflections from
the DUT using sampling scopes, however, I do not remember the accuracies I
was working with.
Good luck.

Ahne.