TECHNET Archives

February 2011

From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2011 08:08:11 -0600
Hi George and Steve.
We require the fabricator to provide IAg PWBs inside of sealed metal-in ESD bags. We have absolutely no issues with tarnishing or corrosion. I suspect that the effect is the same as your storing them inside of aluminum foil, which I have heard many companies now do. We DO NOT require desiccant per IPC 4553, because we pre-bake all PWBs prior to processing. The desiccant pouches pose a problem in being able to stack the PWBs in a flat brick, each inside of its own bag. With this philosophy, we also eliminated the moisture indicator card which also presented a reaction problem if it came in contact with the PWB.