DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2011

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:44:06 -0800
From:
"Hausherr, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Ed,

I will retire when no PCB designer ever has to build another CAD library
part ever again. If that takes the next 20 years, so be it, but I can't
sleep at night knowing the magnitude of duplication of effort that goes
into CAD library creation. It's unprecedented and needs to be resolved.

I'm only 60 years old. Dieter Bergman will turn 80 on April 10 at IPC
APEX and he's leading the kick-off at the Designers Forum the next day
(Monday) with a note on "The Future of Design". He's my role model and I
just hope I'm worthy to accomplish a fraction of what he's contributed.

Did everyone see the lineup at the Designers Forum? It absolutely rocks
this year with Dieter, Charles Pfeil, Happy Holden, Rick Hartley, Gary
Ferrari, Mike Tucker and Alan Johnson. I'll be there and I hope to see
you.

Tom