TECHNET Archives

November 2010

From:
Dwight Mattix <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dwight Mattix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:39:13 -0800
the silence is deafening. Guess I'll chime in.

At 06:02 AM 11/10/2010, Post, Scott E wrote:
>I'm curious what people are using for 0.4 mm pitch BGAs:
>
>  - Copper pad diameter

250um is typical

>  - Soldermask or non-soldermask defined?

yes. >:-}

>  If NSMD, what size soldermask opening?

Depends on uVia technology used.

1. Standard copper via in pad: 250um w/ 300um pad

2. ALIVH compromise:
•Via pad size enlarged to 300um
•S/M opening enlarged to 400um.
•S/M dam of 100um width added
• Accept Potential S/M encroachment one side of pad

>  - Paste stencil thickness and aperture size (round or square?)

fielders choice?  :-)