TECHNET Archives

November 2010

From:
R Sedlak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, R Sedlak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 13:58:41 -0800
Ioan:
A long time ago, people used to use tape to limit plating on buss tabs on PCB, and they inevitably had tape residue remaining after they pulled the tapes off.   Do you think your ACF residue might be similar?   The cleaner of choice in that by-gone era was an orange oil based product, which was simply wiped on, then water rinsed off.
We still have some of this cleaner from long ago, and if you could test it, it might be a lot easier on your boards than long exposure to NMP and acetone.

Rudy Sedlak
RD Chemical Company