TECHNET Archives

November 2010

From:
Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:09:29 -0500
Ioan,

Ouch!

I would certainly perform a % weight gain test on a piece of laminate
exposed to the NMP.  Am concerned that it will make the laminate swell as
well.  Especially a 48 hr soak....

If you have an exhaust hood, would you consider a shorter exposure to heated
NMP?  I don't have my chemical dictionary conveniently handy so I can not
cite flash-point, toxicity, etc., but the thinner deposits of the ACF will
be affected much sooner than the laminate.

I presume you have attempted the normal mechanical removal techniques using
dental chisels, etc.  Does the ACF adhere really well to both the trace and
the bare laminate, or can you easily "pop" it off the trace and possibly
leave it on the laminate?

Seems like everything I can think of may affect the laminate, or adjacent
devices negatively as well.  Hoping that others are having less of a brain
blockage.

Steve Creswick
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevencreswick