TECHNET Archives

November 2010

From:
"David D. Hillman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2010 14:56:11 -0600
Hi Werner - yes, there is always the issue of distribution of gold for the
entire solder joint versus segregation of the gold in a specific location
of the solder joint.

Dave

Werner Engelmaier <[log in to unmask]>
11/24/2010 02:21 PM

[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
cc

Subject
Re: [TN] Ductile to Brittle transition

Hi Dave,
The 3-5% range is a 'red flag' warning based on gross content, but if you
have unequal distribution you can get critical concentrations with less
than a 4% Au content on average.
Werner