TECHNET Archives

November 2010

From:
Chris Mahanna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Chris Mahanna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:58:08 -0500
Bill,

As a test lab, I will tell that it can be done by a select few fabricators.  There appears to be an art form to some of the items you mention.

One thing that you didn't mention, that IMO is probably the single biggest risk is desmear/etchback.
Many of the drawings/contracts out there require effective positive etchback on these parts.   Sometimes limited to 1.5 or 2 mils.
Although I am a proponent of doing away with positive etchback, the reasoning may be logically sound for these parts,  and it makes them almost impossible to build.

Chris

Chris Mahanna
Robisan Lab