TECHNET Archives

October 2010

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:01:59 -0500
Yannick,
There is almost no way to answer your general question accurately.
Compatibility with most cleaning agents is not something you will find on
data sheets, since it will almost always depend on the combination of
cleaning agent and cleaning parameters.

You can often ask the component vendor if they have any data on
compatiblity with a particular cleaning agent, or if you can get to the
technical people, ask whether the materials of construction are compatible
with with the cleaning process proposed.

I would disagree with Joyce's comment that you are OK if the package is
hermetic.  This might keep the internal dies away from the cleaning
agents, but there are often exterior considerations, like part markings or
attack on the component seals.

Doug Pauls

Yannick Brisson <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
10/27/2010 12:41 PM
Please respond to
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to
Yannick Brisson <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
[TN] Washing boards

 Hi,

                 I need to find for all (almost all) parts in our system
if they
can go in the washer?  I look over a couples of part but I don't see any
info in the spec sheet, Do ou guys find something on that topics? Or do
you ask the manufacturer each time you have a new part ?

Thank You

Yannick