TECHNET Archives

September 2010

From:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2010 15:41:56 -0600
We use water-soluble solder flux washed with hot water-softener treated tap water on sensitive analog fiberoptics
receiver circuits.  We have never seen any leakage problems (signals as low as 1 x10-9 amps).

What concerns me is any flux residue - concerned that humidity (our fiberoptic products are used outside in climates like
Florida) so leakage from residues could cause problems.

Bob Landman
H&L Instruments, LLC