TECHNET Archives

September 2010

From:
Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2010 15:25:11 -0400
OH MR. PAULS, and others.

My SAIC contract reports to the Miniature and Microminiature (2M) repair group at NAVSEA Crane.  Turns out that group is worthy keeper of the 2M repair manual (all 700+ pages) that goes to Navy Suface, NAVAIR, Marines, and Coast Guard.  At least that is a part of the US military.  Also, Crane has been designated as Lead, DoD Soldering Standards, and I believe that includes repair.  Finally, the Armed Services, and I think some other Federal groups, have formed the "Soldering Technology Working Group", which just finished meeting in late August.

I have copied Andy Ganster of the Crane 2M group who has compiled a listing of many standards for the STWG.  I am asking Andy whether the information you seek is publicly available, as I only know OF the STWG, and am not a member - just a lowly contracting Beltway Bandit, sorta like Rockwell Collins.

Andy can you answer Amol's question?  If you can't post to IPC TechNet, send to me, and I will post.  Thanks.

Denny Fritz
SAIC