TECHNET Archives

September 2010

From:
Paul Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Paul Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:46:03 -0400
Hi Dave,

I wrote a paper back in 2007 "PWB Reliability - the next step". It was
originally published by the Emerald Group. It looks like the Emerald
Group wants to charge to read the paper but here is a link where the
paper is available at no charge.

http://www.circuitmart.com/pdf/thermal_cycle_testing.pdf

This may be of interest. It shows the thermal cycles to failure in PTHs
are reduced by about 50% due to lead/free assembly on well fabricated
PWBs.

Sincerely,
Paul Reid

Program Coordinator