TECHNET Archives

September 2010

From:
Lum Wee Mei <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Lum Wee Mei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:45:42 -0500
The subcon will not remove the IC for a cross-section as they do not think the IC will have any reliability or functionality issue. They want me to waive off my observation so that the IC can stay on the board and to be used.

I have no reliability background but what I observed do disturb me. It has the potential to cause this PCBA to fail during its field operation. This is the rationale I reject this component. Unfortunately, the subcontractor is hard to convince.

Thanks and Regards,
~ Wee Mei ~

  _____