TECHNET Archives

September 2010

From:
Chris Mahanna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Chris Mahanna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:34:54 -0400
Werner,
Yes, definitely agreed.
We and our customer had been ignoring this part of the study for that reason.  But, we have picked up on some planarity issues between the heat spreader (it’s rather thick) and the board.  Also the clips are rather low force.
So, brainstorming.. I thought there might be a differential compression across the BGA, combined with all the differential CTEs…  These things got hot.
Just a thought.
Wondering if anyone had been there and got the t-shirt already.

Chris