TECHNET Archives

September 2010

From:
Brian Stumm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Stumm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:25:03 -0700
Many coatings and adhesives for electronic assemblies have similar
cure requirements. I would not be concerned by the time at elevated
temperature, rather I would be concerned with the rise rate from
Ambient to 90 and from 90 to 160C. Try to keep rise rate to less than
2 degrees C per second. I've developed processes for customers (we
manufacture curing systems) that have cure requirements as high as
150C for up to 50 minutes. In the Reflow world thermal profilers are
almost always used to develop a process but in the curing world this
tool is often overlooked. I suggest using a thermal profiler to verify
the rise rate seen by your assembly.

--
Brian Stumm
ETS Energy Technology Systems, Inc.