TECHNET Archives

August 2010

From:
Chris Mahanna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Chris Mahanna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2010 18:23:03 -0400
I'm not giving up the secret, but it is the same way that you use a metallograph to tell which way the train was moving.

I have loose parts and they are definitely not Ni/Pd/Au.  Nor is there any indication of insufficient heat on the surrounding parts.  Actually my first response to the customer was incomplete coalescence due to lack of flux activity.  But he didn't like that answer, because he knew it was only related to that batch of parts.  So, I went back and looked up Rich Kraszewski's recipe for smoking out organics.
At the moment, I'd say there is a good chance they are counterfeit parts, but they might just be really old and contaminated...?
Anyhow, since no one objected, I'm going to use the term blumpy in the report.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Chris