TECHNET Archives

August 2010

Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2010 23:24:17 +0200
Typical overload issue. The antenna sends a high RF pulse train or CW that
brings the molecules and atoms to dance like mad = local heat = gas
generation = ashing . The RF generator is matched with the antenna and the
antenna is matched with the chamber and its normal load of organics for
cleaning. If there is a mismatch, the RF generator will work harder  and the
power stage transistors will burn. If you have a real big chamber it's not
transistors, so I think yours is an ordinary 1x1x1 meter chamber or so.

1) Check for loose cables or connectors.  I was cleaning a chamber and did
not replace parts correctly.  PZZZZTSSSCCHH.......
2) Check the antenna, may be a crack in the insulation or the antenna is out
of position. Result: overload and burnt transistor
3) Check for loose particles that may shorten and cause overload.
4) Chech that you are not running in reverse mode, if you got such a
machine.  If so, you may get sputtering instead.
5) Check water cooling system. Water that diffuses into the chamber can
cause sparking.

The plasma chamber is an easy machine to inspect. Just go for a screwdriver
set and insex or torque kits.  You will find the failure within some
minutes.  NEVER switch on before everything is replaced.  It's a dangerous
machine, kills a man easily. If you are not an experienced electronic
trouble shooter, don't touch anything! NEVER let the departments Mr Fixer do
anything either.  RF Hi Voltage things are not the same as bread toasters or
desk lamps.

You must have hundreds of suitable cooperators around,  Rockwell Collins
could build plasma cleaners themselves.  You must be one of the best
equipped companies on this planet.

Inge