TECHNET Archives

August 2010

Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2010 18:24:00 +0200
I'm an old dog, for sure, but may not be able to comfort you fatherly by
e-mail.  I have been in the industry for decades, both commercial, MIL and
SPACE, and believe me, I have never seen any of our procucts 'smeared' with
silicon grease.  The reason is obvious: you get a hell when you need repair.
Instead, you must make the construction in a way so that humidity is avoided
or removed or lead away or absorbed. The advantage with fairly unprotected
harnesses is that you can dry it.  Can you place a shield that takes care of
droplets? Can you place absorbants somewhere? Do you use correct connectors
and sleeves?  Etc. If you smear despite my advice, see that you leave no
spaces and voids that can act like water traps.

Brotherly
Inge