TECHNET Archives

August 2010

Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2010 18:01:26 +0200
Dave,

What's the idea with mixing Nickel and Palladium on component leads? In
general, Pd is used as a substitute for Rhodium in order to increase the
wear resistance for e.g. sliding contacts.  I have also seen that mixing Ni
an Pd causes an increase of  the internal stress, rather much, depending on
the wt%. What pays for the extra process in this case?
/Inge