TECHNET Archives

August 2010

From:
Werner Engelmaier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Werner Engelmaier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:46:45 -0400
 Hi Paul,
Years ago [Once upon a time....!?!] there was an IBM paper [from a MN location, I think—don't ask me for a reference], that showed that you had to have a 90% physical separation crack to result in a 10% resistance increase. This has been confirmed less rigorously many times—that is why you had so many people wondering about your statement.
Werner