TECHNET Archives

August 2010

From:
Chris Mahanna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Chris Mahanna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:43:22 -0400
Hey Jack,
The problem is that it depends.  There are several other (maybe fabricator specific) factors that may be well understood, but you need to de-correlate them before you could make a decision.
that's why many times design activities simply "allow NFP removal".  And "engineering punt" to the fabricator.

A relatively simple way that some OEMs handle it is to include an empirical study during fabricator qualification.  Delphi is probably the best known example.  It works.

Chris