IPC-600-6012 Archives

August 2010

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Paul Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:28:46 -0400
Hi Werner,

A number of defects like that still caused a 10% change in resistance.
Crack or separation not withstanding, objective measurement of
resistance change trumps the more subjective microsection evaluation.
Maybe we are on the wrong angle to see the full extent of the damage.

I do know that small corner cracks have produced large changes in
resistance. Failing corner cracks may or may not extend across the full
thickness of the copper.

Sincerely,
Paul Reid