IPC-600-6012 Archives

August 2010

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
IPC-600-6012<[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:24:13 -0400
From:
Paul Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Jim,

I understand that a specification gives everyone the "legal" definition
of what is acceptable. If you bring reliability into the picture you
determine what works. It would be good if the two approaches worked in
concert.

Since I understand that we are measure the electroless and the
electrolytic copper together, should the spec read electroless copper
plus .0002" of electrolytic copper?

Check out this fabricators electroless copper thickness. This is on a
PTH not a buried via but you see the double electroless, a  Cu flash and
another low build electroless.

Sincerely,
Paul Reid

Program Coordinator