TECHNET Archives

July 2010

From:
Brad Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brad Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:43:54 -0400
In my experience, including the "way back machine" Hot Bar soldering was never so hot and compelled me to spend more time in the bar...

With the risk of failure, reliability less than 100%, and potential scraping of full value modules I always went with a small/mini/nano connector solution.  Although I do know there are folks out there successful in Hot Bar usage. ["way back" being from 1985-1990, when all kinds of things were going on in PCB land and CTE became a household name...]

Brad