TECHNET Archives

July 2010

From:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2010 17:13:25 -0400
Amen, Inge.

To paraphrase the Hills Brothers coffee buyer, who, in a very old advert on TV asked something like

"Do you know what happens to the beans that aren't inspected like we do at Hills Brothers?  Why, they go our competitors who don't inspect for quality."

We made an instrument years ago inspecting the edge rounding of silicon wafers - a problem that was discovered by AT&T Western Electric in Allentown PA.  Sold them all over the world; it became a ASTM standard (F928).

Then came the bean counters who said inspection (even lot sampling) added cost.  We don't make that instrument any more.

Good luck Randy.  Hopefully somewhere nearby is some poor soul with a quality problem and you are just what they need.

Regards,

Bob
  _____