TECHNET Archives

July 2010

From:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2010 17:00:35 -0400
HI Dave,

Thanks and it was a pleasure finally meeting you at the CALCE meeting. Finally I can put a face to that voice I hear so often on the whiskers telecons :-).

I'm certainly leaning the way of reballing based on what I'm hearing here.  if I were doing a chip replacement with the need to do some wiring, I could justify the interposer (versus redesign of the board) but this is a new design so seems not to make a lot of sense, now that I think about it (and after tossing back some Dew).  The rep says Lattice is "rethinking abandoning tin/lead" so I'm hoping that's a possibility.  With a lead time of 12 weeks for the parts (the vendors are going to cause us to have a double dip recession if they continue to hold back supply) I've got some time to check out vendors.  I'd appreciate recommendations (off-line?) from any of you who have re-ballers you trust.

Bob Landman
H&L Instruments
  _____